Their asses were kicked. Native peoples kicked Vikings’ asses. This is why I have issues with “American ingenuity” bullshit about how the colonists took over America. No. It was not superior weapons or ingenuity. It was that we wiped out their populations with disease.
Haha this made me laugh XD
I’m sure they would’ve, if they didn’t decided to abandon colonizing here, but for some reason they just decided to”fuck it” and leave…
Right? Pretty sure the Vikings were conquerors.
Maybe the Vikings were not conquerors as popularly imagined?
lol. okay guys this is what happened.
Erik the Red got kicked out of Iceland cos he killed someone. He wandered over to Greenland and then started trying to convince people to come live with him and they set up this sad little settlement there. Later another dude got blown off course trying to get there and happened to see North America, so he told Erik’s son Leif and Leif went to go check it out, but they didn’t see any people.
A few years later Leif’s brother Thorvald went exploring to try and get some furs and stuff. He found nine indigenous people sleeping under canoes and so what does he do? Yeah he kills eight of them and the ninth one runs off and comes back with a force of very angry Inuit who then killed him. Not exactly a promising start.
Anyway long story short, the Norse did a really crappy job interacting with the indigenous people so the Inuit just beat them back to Greenland and then they were too stubborn to eat fish like the native people instead of trying to raise sheep in Greenland so they either died or moved back to Iceland.
Basically, it’s not that they were significantly nicer than Columbus, it’s mostly that they happened to piss off the Inuit before they managed to transmit diseases to them.
- sourbluefreezy likes this
- jazzyjames333 reblogged this from madnessasreligion
- jazzyjames333 likes this
- humannatechur likes this
- madnessasreligion reblogged this from enlightened-eloquently
- abstract-perfection likes this
- enlightened-eloquently reblogged this from yesterdaystodolist
- shinji-uchiha reblogged this from verin-mystal
- shinji-uchiha likes this
- hpgal3 likes this
- 1veryskepticalgecko reblogged this from verin-mystal
- snow-has-fallen likes this
- verin-mystal reblogged this from amarantae
- suivre-le-vent reblogged this from jilllikesstuff
- tonystarkofvvinterfell likes this
- ivanuspugus reblogged this from amarantae
- dani--fitzgeralds likes this
- iturnedintoatree reblogged this from thelhw
- mariamaravilla reblogged this from black-wolf-pearl
- drawtoimagine likes this
- black-wolf-pearl reblogged this from inkteller
- writtenimperfection reblogged this from liveinink
- princess-axolotl likes this
- thunderthighmobster likes this
- lionofjudah613 likes this
- liveinink reblogged this from merilsell
- arishoking likes this
- the-dirty-pony reblogged this from mrsjett
- fractalusurper reblogged this from fisticuffsandadventure
- fractalusurper likes this
- thelittleshipsthatcould likes this
- shikkar likes this
- mrsjett reblogged this from merilsell
- ethuilwen likes this
- jilllikesstuff reblogged this from merilsell
- corvhoe-assano likes this
- elliemichellew reblogged this from merilsell
- jambandit likes this
- merilsell reblogged this from justintumb1rlake
- mclennoncartney likes this
- geck0 reblogged this from amarantae
- amethystamore likes this
- niggapocalypse reblogged this from backwardblackbyrd
- twyxted-mind likes this
- lolabarton likes this
- reftup reblogged this from amarantae
- amarantae reblogged this from spesiria
- amarantae likes this
- staracrosstheocean reblogged this from radicalmenofcolor
- nohetero likes this