Their asses were kicked. Native peoples kicked Vikings’ asses. This is why I have issues with “American ingenuity” bullshit about how the colonists took over America. No. It was not superior weapons or ingenuity. It was that we wiped out their populations with disease.
Haha this made me laugh XD
I’m sure they would’ve, if they didn’t decided to abandon colonizing here, but for some reason they just decided to”fuck it” and leave…
Right? Pretty sure the Vikings were conquerors.
Maybe the Vikings were not conquerors as popularly imagined?
lol. okay guys this is what happened.
Erik the Red got kicked out of Iceland cos he killed someone. He wandered over to Greenland and then started trying to convince people to come live with him and they set up this sad little settlement there. Later another dude got blown off course trying to get there and happened to see North America, so he told Erik’s son Leif and Leif went to go check it out, but they didn’t see any people.
A few years later Leif’s brother Thorvald went exploring to try and get some furs and stuff. He found nine indigenous people sleeping under canoes and so what does he do? Yeah he kills eight of them and the ninth one runs off and comes back with a force of very angry Inuit who then killed him. Not exactly a promising start.
Anyway long story short, the Norse did a really crappy job interacting with the indigenous people so the Inuit just beat them back to Greenland and then they were too stubborn to eat fish like the native people instead of trying to raise sheep in Greenland so they either died or moved back to Iceland.
Basically, it’s not that they were significantly nicer than Columbus, it’s mostly that they happened to piss off the Inuit before they managed to transmit diseases to them.
- killmetenderkillmesweet likes this
- somerandomsimblr likes this
- diaryofthecoolestgirl reblogged this from theangelshavethetimeturner
- diaryofthecoolestgirl likes this
- tacopop likes this
- amarie-di-caprio likes this
- burnygirl reblogged this from disgustinghuman
- burnygirl likes this
- justmygayself reblogged this from liveoutsidethelines
- perezhitler likes this
- liveoutsidethelines reblogged this from aprilzosia
- ram-bridge reblogged this from nanibgal
- chitoge likes this
- themirrorisquiteattractive likes this
- cptmarveldanvers reblogged this from missredherring
- kalianah13 reblogged this from drraemccoy
- paintedspacehorses reblogged this from drraemccoy
- paintedspacehorses likes this
- whiteturk likes this
- thelastbookicorn reblogged this from missredherring
- missredherring reblogged this from drraemccoy
- fleetingshadowdm reblogged this from drraemccoy
- drraemccoy reblogged this from the-siege-perilous
- spartacus96 reblogged this from missveryvery
- themeccaofmelanin reblogged this from imperial-ashtrocity
- imperial-ashtrocity reblogged this from prettyclitoris
- aholinshed reblogged this from aprilzosia
- alipuhpuh reblogged this from locsgirl
- alipuhpuh likes this
- anapatheticgod likes this
- taphyde reblogged this from tacopop
- taphyde likes this
- singsomethingsweettogetmeby reblogged this from weltewelte
- singsomethingsweettogetmeby likes this
- glassesbunny reblogged this from inbetweenthelineart
- goodmorningvelma likes this
- papermouths reblogged this from eat-the-alphas
- princejudah reblogged this from locsgirl
- princejudah likes this
- wweepin-eridan likes this
- weltewelte reblogged this from tacopop
- acidic-gumdrops likes this
- nalgaprincess likes this
- eveofspookytales reblogged this from tacopop
- heyhosh likes this
- raaayna likes this
- discotter likes this
- barrewars likes this
- keep-chasin-me reblogged this from tacopop